-   -   Convert Square Feet to Gallons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/233261-convert-square-feet-gallons.html)

Texins Karate

Convert Square Feet to Gallons

We are planning to build a new 400 sq ft pool and I want to determine how
many gallons of water it will take to fill the pool. I cannot figure out the
combinations of functions to give me the result. Can someone help??

Teethless mama

Convert Square Feet to Gallons

volume = area * height

"Texins Karate" wrote:

We are planning to build a new 400 sq ft pool and I want to determine how
many gallons of water it will take to fill the pool. I cannot figure out the
combinations of functions to give me the result. Can someone help??

Luke M

Convert Square Feet to Gallons

You're missing a dimension. Square ft is a two dimensional label, gallons is
three dimensionl.

How deep is your pool? Or rather, how deep do you want it filled with water?
(in feet). You can then multiply this by 400 to give you cubic ft. (Example:
12 ft deep = 400*12 = 4800 cubic ft)

Then, using a quick check from Google:
1 cubic foot = 7.48051948 US gallons

So, if you cubic ft is in A1, your formula becomes
=A1*7.48051948
In Example:
=4800*7.48051948
~35,906.5 gallons
to give you the number of gallons you need.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Texins Karate" wrote:

We are planning to build a new 400 sq ft pool and I want to determine how
many gallons of water it will take to fill the pool. I cannot figure out the
combinations of functions to give me the result. Can someone help??

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Convert Square Feet to Gallons

Hi,

Since the key here is to know the number of gallons in a square foot, you
can download a free program to do many conversions:

For example there are 6.228833 Imperial gallons in a cubic foot, and
7.480519 US gallons.

It isn't sufficient to know the square footage of you swimming pool, you
also need to know the depth.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Texins Karate" wrote:

We are planning to build a new 400 sq ft pool and I want to determine how
many gallons of water it will take to fill the pool. I cannot figure out the
combinations of functions to give me the result. Can someone help??

John[_22_]

Convert Square Feet to Gallons

HI
This would be the website: http://joshmadison.com/article/convert-for-windows