Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default getting totals mutiply cell by another cell then adding all togeth

I am trying to get weights on a Spreadsheet.

cell A33 has a qty of 5
cell C33 is the weight of 900 lbs
add
cell A34 - qty of 4
cell C34 is the weight of 500 lbs

I need to take all of the Qtys (column A, rows 33-41) and multiply them by
the unit weight (column C, rows 33-41) for a total weight in C43.

Please help... I am going crazy with this workbook...

Thank you,
Vanessa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(A33:A41,C33:C41)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"texansgal" wrote in message
I am trying to get weights on a Spreadsheet.

cell A33 has a qty of 5
cell C33 is the weight of 900 lbs
add
cell A34 - qty of 4
cell C34 is the weight of 500 lbs

I need to take all of the Qtys (column A, rows 33-41) and multiply them by
the unit weight (column C, rows 33-41) for a total weight in C43.

Please help... I am going crazy with this workbook...

Thank you,
Vanessa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default getting totals mutiply cell by another cell then adding all to

Thank you so much!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(A33:A41,C33:C41)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"texansgal" wrote in message
I am trying to get weights on a Spreadsheet.

cell A33 has a qty of 5
cell C33 is the weight of 900 lbs
add
cell A34 - qty of 4
cell C34 is the weight of 500 lbs

I need to take all of the Qtys (column A, rows 33-41) and multiply them by
the unit weight (column C, rows 33-41) for a total weight in C43.

Please help... I am going crazy with this workbook...

Thank you,
Vanessa

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome!