Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default mutiply by either REG or OT hours, and SUM!

I am trying to figure out a way to quickly generate a gross payroll number
without the aid of a 'helper' row, which won't work this situation. I have
about 60 employees.

Sample:
NAME(A) PAY(B) REG(C) OT(D)
Joe Worker 8 40
Jane Workr 8
Big Slacker 7.5 15
MR No Life 10 80 12

Mr. No Life also gets overtime at 1.5x his normal rate. The correct sum for
this would be $1412.50.

Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try: =IF(ISBLANK(D1),B1*C1,B1*C1+(D1*B1*1.5))

I'm assuming B is the hourly rate in the equation above.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Raza" wrote:

I am trying to figure out a way to quickly generate a gross payroll number
without the aid of a 'helper' row, which won't work this situation. I have
about 60 employees.

Sample:
NAME(A) PAY(B) REG(C) OT(D)
Joe Worker 8 40
Jane Workr 8
Big Slacker 7.5 15
MR No Life 10 80 12

Mr. No Life also gets overtime at 1.5x his normal rate. The correct sum for
this would be $1412.50.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have to fill that formula down and then sum the sums.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Raza" wrote:

I am trying to figure out a way to quickly generate a gross payroll number
without the aid of a 'helper' row, which won't work this situation. I have
about 60 employees.

Sample:
NAME(A) PAY(B) REG(C) OT(D)
Joe Worker 8 40
Jane Workr 8
Big Slacker 7.5 15
MR No Life 10 80 12

Mr. No Life also gets overtime at 1.5x his normal rate. The correct sum for
this would be $1412.50.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unfjortunately I don't have the luxury of a column to add each row. I only
have a little space at bottom of a spreadsheet that I can't alter very much.

How would I get the sum of B1*C1, B2*C2, B3*C3, etc in one cell at the bottom?

"Raza" wrote:

I am trying to figure out a way to quickly generate a gross payroll number
without the aid of a 'helper' row, which won't work this situation. I have
about 60 employees.

Sample:
NAME(A) PAY(B) REG(C) OT(D)
Joe Worker 8 40
Jane Workr 8
Big Slacker 7.5 15
MR No Life 10 80 12

Mr. No Life also gets overtime at 1.5x his normal rate. The correct sum for
this would be $1412.50.

Any help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

I don't understand why you have so little space on a sheet which
potentially has 256 columns x 65,536 rows but nevertheless you could use
=SUMPRODUCT(C1:C4,D1:D4)+SUMPRODUCT(C1:C4,E1:E4)*1 .5

--
Regards

Roger Govier