Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default spanner function in excel

how do I remove a spanner function from an excel file?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you mean a spinner button?

It depends on what type of spinner it is.

Try one of these methods...

Right click the spinner
Hit Escape then Delete

If that doesn't get rid of it...

Right click any toolbar
Select Control Toolbox
Click the top-left icon (the one that looks like a blueish triangle)
Click on the spinner
Hit Delete
Click the top left icon again
Close the Control Toolbox toolbar