Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell value based on selection from drop box

I have a worksheet with a drop box list, containing names of sheets (B2). I
want the cells in B3:F4 to carry a duplicate of the same cells from that
sheet name. Can anybody help me with a formula or macro for that purpose?

TIA
Esra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Esra,

I think you could use either of these in cell B3:

=INDIRECT("'" & $B$2 & "'!" & ADDRESS(ROW(A3),COLUMN(B2)))
or
=INDEX(INDIRECT("'" & $B$2 & "'!$A:$F"),ROW(),COLUMN())

Then copy, and paste in B3:F4.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Esra" wrote in message
I have a worksheet with a drop box list, containing names of sheets (B2).
I want the cells in B3:F4 to carry a duplicate of the same cells from that
sheet name. Can anybody help me with a formula or macro for that purpose?

TIA
Esra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,