Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default calculations of weekends only

I would like to create a spreadsheet where I can I can exclude weekdays. I
want to only show weekends for this year, 2009
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bob is offline

in a column next to the date use this formula:
=IF(WEEKDAY(<cell your date is in)=1,"Weekend",IF(WEEKDAY((<cell your date
is in)=7,"Weekend","Weekday"))

filter for weekend to show Saturday and Sunday dates.

"tmj8901" wrote:

I would like to create a spreadsheet where I can I can exclude weekdays. I
want to only show weekends for this year, 2009

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Fri, 29 May 2009 08:03:11 -0700, tmj8901
wrote:

I would like to create a spreadsheet where I can I can exclude weekdays. I
want to only show weekends for this year, 2009

To obtain the first weekend day of "this" year, you can use this formula:

=MIN(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)+7-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)),
DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)+7-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)+6))

If that formula is in D1, then

D2: =IF(WEEKDAY(D1)=7,D1+1,D1+6)

and fill down will return only the weekend (Sat/Sun) days.

If you want to "fix" the year, replace YEAR(TODAY()) in the above formula with
whatever year you want to start at.
--ron