Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default search through dates

This is probably something simple, however I am knew to excel.

I am creeting an simple electronic diary. I have a column of dates
(A14:A74) and would like to have a search box in the same worksheet to search
through the dates and bring me to the one that i enter... is there a simple
way to do this????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

smudgedwhiteink;360288 Wrote:
This is probably something simple, however I am knew to excel.

I am creeting an simple electronic diary. I have a column of dates
(A14:A74) and would like to have a search box in the same worksheet to
search
through the dates and bring me to the one that i enter... is there a
simple
way to do this????The simplest robust way is to go to your menubar EDITFIND enter your

date and hit find next, the found cell will then be selected, if you are
using Excel 2007 then you can use FIND & SELECT on the far right of the
home tab on the ribbon.

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,