Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula for Counta

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

The formula I am using is adding all entries for each employee.

Instead of adding the number of days I would like to do a count.

=SUMIF('Sick Leave'!$A$6:$A$43618,'Employee List'!B6,'Sick
Leave'!$H$6:$H$43618)

Worksheet 'Sick Leave' has all the data
Worksheet 'Employee List' is where I would like to return a count and not
the total days per employee. The formula is looking up the employee's name
from the sick leave worksheet in Column A and then looking in Column H and
returning a total. I would like it to return a count.

Worksheet 'Sick Leave' has the number of days each employee is off on sick
leave, somethimes the entry could be .50 of a day for 10 days and the result
will be a total of 5 days. I want to be able to count the number of times
the employee is absent from work, if the employee is a .50 and off for 10
days it will return a sum of 5 days and I would like to see a count of 10.

I hope someone understands what I am trying to explain? Thanks.

--
Newfie
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

=COUNTIF('Sick Leave'!$A$6:$A$43618,'Employee List'!B6) ?
--
Max
Singapore
"Newfie809" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

"Newfie809" wrote:
Hi Max, I tried that one also and it returns a grand total of the count
for all employees and not for each employee

It should not. I'm not sure what's happening over there
=COUNTIF('Sick Leave'!$A$6:$A$43618,'Employee List'!B6) ?

should return the count of the number of instances that the particular
employee, ie 'Employee List'!B6, appears within 'Sick Leave'!$A$6:$A$43618

Check/try again?
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
Downloads:25,000 Files:300 Subscribers:70
xdemechanik
---

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Good to hear. Pl take a moment to click the YES button (like the one below)
in that response. Thanks.