Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default Formula for Counta

=COUNTIF('Sick Leave'!$A$6:$A$43618,'Employee List'!B6) ?
--
Max
Singapore
"Newfie809" wrote:
Hi there, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

The formula I am using is adding all entries for each employee.

Instead of adding the number of days I would like to do a count.

=SUMIF('Sick Leave'!$A$6:$A$43618,'Employee List'!B6,'Sick
Leave'!$H$6:$H$43618)

Worksheet 'Sick Leave' has all the data
Worksheet 'Employee List' is where I would like to return a count and not
the total days per employee. The formula is looking up the employee's name
from the sick leave worksheet in Column A and then looking in Column H and
returning a total. I would like it to return a count.

Worksheet 'Sick Leave' has the number of days each employee is off on sick
leave, somethimes the entry could be .50 of a day for 10 days and the result
will be a total of 5 days. I want to be able to count the number of times
the employee is absent from work, if the employee is a .50 and off for 10
days it will return a sum of 5 days and I would like to see a count of 10.

I hope someone understands what I am trying to explain? Thanks.

--
Newfie