Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2003 function??????

I own car yard. I in colum A i have Sales People and in colums H I J i got 3
months figures of what they sold. I want a ranking formula that works for all
colums as 1. so if colum j John is first then rank 1. then second was colum I
so 2 for fred
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In know you've asked to rank the three columns as one, but that's out of the
ordinary and unnecessarily hard formulaically. When ranking, you do it off of
a summary column. So, if it's missing, add it in, perhaps column K. Then a
normal, simple rank formula works.

If the three rows are 2,3 and 4 and you added those sums in column K:
K2 =SUM(H2:J2)
K3 =SUM(H3:J3)
K4 =SUM(H4:J4)

....then in L2 use:

=RANK(K2, $K$2:$K$4)
....and copy that formula down.
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.