Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default concatenate values

Working with Excel, I am trying to merge text from two columns into one
(first and last names). I've used two strategies: =A1," ", &B1
and=concatenate(A2, " ",A3). In both cases, all I see in the cell is the
formula, not the resulting name. When I use the concatenate function, the
correct name shows in the Function Arguments window in which I do the work.
How do I get this resulting name to actually show up in the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
in excel 2007
Formulas,Formula auditing, click in show Formulas

"Flint springs" wrote:

Working with Excel, I am trying to merge text from two columns into one
(first and last names). I've used two strategies: =A1," ", &B1
and=concatenate(A2, " ",A3). In both cases, all I see in the cell is the
formula, not the resulting name. When I use the concatenate function, the
correct name shows in the Function Arguments window in which I do the work.
How do I get this resulting name to actually show up in the cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are either in "View Formulas" mode or the cell was pre-formatted as
text.

Hit CTRL + '(backquote above Tab key) to toggle the formula view.

If no joy, format to General then F2 and ENTER

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP