Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default concatenate values

"Flint springs" <Flint wrote:
Working with Excel, I am trying to merge text from two columns into one
(first and last names). I've used two strategies: =A1," ", &B1

The correct formula is:

=A1&" "&B1

and =concatenate(A2, " ",A3). In both cases, all I see in the cell is the
formula, not the resulting name.

Sounds like the cell was formatted as Text before you entered the formula.
Change the format to General, then press F2 and Enter to cause the formula
to be evaluated.

Working with Excel, I am trying to merge text from two columns into one
(first and last names). I've used two strategies: =A1," ", &B1
and=concatenate(A2, " ",A3). In both cases, all I see in the cell is the
formula, not the resulting name. When I use the concatenate function,
the
correct name shows in the Function Arguments window in which I do the
work.
How do I get this resulting name to actually show up in the cell?