Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Lookup help needed

For example I got this simple table:
___________one___two___three
Name 1______X___________X_
Name 2______X_____X_______
Name 3____________X_______
Name 4______X___________X_
Name 5______X_____X_______
Name 6__________________X_
Name 7______X_____________
Name 8______X_____X_____X_
Name 9____________X_______

How do I tell formula to return all the names from col A:A if the column
€œthree€ has €œX€ in name row?
Thank you
Guntars

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Your question implies you want a single formula to return all the names that
have an "X" in column 3, so the result of that formula would be:

Name1, Name4, Name6, Name8

Again, that's four answers IN A SINGLE cell. Is that correct or do you need
to adjust your question?
--
"Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB

Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you.