Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Lookup value needed

I have a sheet which has 4 coloums
A B C D
Don 115
Don 50
Don 125
Mary 85
Mary 15
John 10
Phil 25
Phil 35

Using the formula I want to pull up the lowest value next to names value in
Coloum "C" & "D"

Basically it should pull up the lowest value from coloum B refrencing to
coloum A
===============it should look like this ======
C D
Don 50
Don 50
Don 50
Mary 15
Mary 15
John 10
Phil 25
Phil 25

Thanks for the help in advance

Deepak

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure why you want to repeat the names in column C...

Enter this formula in C1:

=A1

Enter this array formula** in D1:

=MIN(IF(A$1:A$8=A1,B$1:B$8))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

Select both C1 and D1 then copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Deepak" wrote in message
[...]