Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default linking two worksheets in the same workbook

I have a main worksheet and want to create a 2nd daily worksheet. I don't
need to see all the information from the main worksheet but want the main
worksheet to reflect changes made in the daily worksheet.

There are several additions and deletions in the daily worksheet and would
like the main worksheet to update as well. Is there a way to copy the entire
original worksheet, remove the columns and rows I don't want in the daily
view and have it linked without have to individually link the cells?

Time is short on this project and I greatly appreciate any assistance that
will quickly solve my situation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I would think the best way is to make a copy of your main worksheet and call
it daily.

Then, if, say, cell A19 of the main is going to come from daily, have it
=Daily!A19. You can copy and paste anywhere across Main that you want it to
link.

If you subsequently delete or add any rows before A19, the formula will
automatically update as needed.

"nannybears" wrote:

I have a main worksheet and want to create a 2nd daily worksheet. I don't
need to see all the information from the main worksheet but want the main
worksheet to reflect changes made in the daily worksheet.

There are several additions and deletions in the daily worksheet and would
like the main worksheet to update as well. Is there a way to copy the entire
original worksheet, remove the columns and rows I don't want in the daily
view and have it linked without have to individually link the cells?

Time is short on this project and I greatly appreciate any assistance that
will quickly solve my situation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you Sean - Actually, that is what I've done and I am looking for a way
to format the entire worksheet at once to avoid having to format each cell
seperately.
Any suggestions for doing that?

"nannybears" wrote:

I have a main worksheet and want to create a 2nd daily worksheet. I don't
need to see all the information from the main worksheet but want the main
worksheet to reflect changes made in the daily worksheet.

There are several additions and deletions in the daily worksheet and would
like the main worksheet to update as well. Is there a way to copy the entire
original worksheet, remove the columns and rows I don't want in the daily
view and have it linked without have to individually link the cells?

Time is short on this project and I greatly appreciate any assistance that
will quickly solve my situation.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hm, not sure where my repsonse to this went....

So, I presumt you only want to have certain cells linked... is there a
common theme? (All constatnts, all formulas, etc...) If so, you can set your
=Daily formula for one, click F5, then select Special, and pick the cell type
to highlight them and paste.