Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Linking of worksheets in a workbook

My main worksheet in my workbook has a list of Project Managers' consultant
invoices. I also have a separate worksheet for each Project Manager. When I
update the main worksheet, which contains all project managers invoices, how
do I get the individual worksheets to update with the information that was
added?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I presume you already know how to set up a link in one worksheet back to a
cell in another worksheet, and that by "information that was added" you mean
new information in previously empty cells and not information that updated
previously entered stuff that may have already been showing up in those other
sheets?

If you're talking about getting true new entries to show up in the other
sheets, then it is pretty much a manual operation; go to the worksheet for a
manager, choose a cell, type in the = symbol and go back to the main
worksheet and click on the cell with the information that is to appear on the
individual's sheet. Press [Enter]. Repeat as required. Now, once you've
done that, any changes made to the source entries on the main sheet will
appear on the individual sheets, but you'll have to do it again for new
entries when they take place.

It could be handled through VBA, but the rules of how/when it should be done
all depend on how your sheets are laid out and what actions have to be taken
just to enter new data on the main sheet, so that's beyond the scope of this
answer to even do more than to say that it could be done using VBA.

"Angie" wrote:

My main worksheet in my workbook has a list of Project Managers' consultant
invoices. I also have a separate worksheet for each Project Manager. When I
update the main worksheet, which contains all project managers invoices, how
do I get the individual worksheets to update with the information that was
added?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So every time I add a record I would have to do this? Would VBA do this
automatically? My spreadsheet is a basic layout with headings of "Project
Manager", "Consultant", "Date Due", and "Amount". Every row is a separate
record.
Thank you for your help!

"Angie" wrote:

My main worksheet in my workbook has a list of Project Managers' consultant
invoices. I also have a separate worksheet for each Project Manager. When I
update the main worksheet, which contains all project managers invoices, how
do I get the individual worksheets to update with the information that was
added?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes and Yes. That is, without VBA you're probably going to have to do it
manually. You could set up the links ahead of time - linking to rows/cells
that are as yet unused, then when you put entries in them, they'd change from
0 to the real data.

With VBA you could have a button that, when clicked, would move the bottom
most record to the proper sheet for you. If I could see a copy of the
workbook, I could probably put the code together fairly quickly. If able,
send a copy to (remove spaces)
Help From @ jlatham site.com