Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Getting a percentage

I have several columns with 1 of 4 values (Y,N,N/A,<blank). I need to
calculate the percentages of Y's. For example if there are 6 columns, 3 with
Y's, 2 with N's and one with N/A, I need for my totals column to report 50%.
What is the best way to do this?
--
Enrique

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This looks very familiar.

Did you post the same question earlier?

=COUNTIF(A1:F1,"Y")/6 return 50% for your example.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 May 2009 14:46:01 -0700, Enrique
wrote:

I have several columns with 1 of 4 values (Y,N,N/A,<blank). I need to
calculate the percentages of Y's. For example if there are 6 columns, 3 with
Y's, 2 with N's and one with N/A, I need for my totals column to report 50%.
What is the best way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks - it works perfectly. I just couldn't figure out which formula to
use.

Thanks again!

It was not a repeated question on my part.
--
Enrique