Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default percentage

I am trying to get the correct amount by using the following formula:

=c3/d3 to get percentage amount
c3 is 12.74
d3 is 19.81

my percentage in e3 equals 64% with no decimals

I then take:
e3*f3 to equal G3

e3 is 64%
f3 is $21.39

G3 calculate is $13.76
It should be $13.69

I do not know what I am doing incorrectly.

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

try to round them explicitly:
=round(c3/d3)

maybe excel displays 64, but in the end calculates with 64.31.....

hth

Carlo

On Nov 5, 12:30 pm, formula101
wrote:
I am trying to get the correct amount by using the following formula:

=c3/d3 to get percentage amount
c3 is 12.74
d3 is 19.81

my percentage in e3 equals 64% with no decimals

I then take:
e3*f3 to equal G3

e3 is 64%
f3 is $21.39

G3 calculate is $13.76
It should be $13.69

I do not know what I am doing incorrectly.

Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you! It worked. I have been working on this for the past two
hours...and could not find what I wanted to do. I thought that changing the
decimal points would automatically round it. Thank you!