Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Format Axis

Hi,

Please I need your help on the following;

I am trying to represent my work attendance on a graph, but I am
struggling to change the Y axis data.

I have:
Sunday 9:10 AM
Monday 9:30 AM
Tuesday 8:37 AM
Wednesday 9:15 AM
Thursday 10:00 AM

I want to start the Y axis at 8:30 AM and ends at 10:30 AM! I know
from to change it, but the values I put is not helping.

For instance, the current data set by excel a
Minimum 0.33
Maximum 0.43
Minor Unit 0.01
Major Unit 0.002

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In Excel, a day is trated as 1.

So, 1:00 AM is 1/24.

thus, 8:30 would be 8.5/24, or approximately .354167

10:30 would be .4375.

hope this helps!

"Khaledity" wrote:

Hi,

Please I need your help on the following;

I am trying to represent my work attendance on a graph, but I am
struggling to change the Y axis data.

I have:
Sunday 9:10 AM
Monday 9:30 AM
Tuesday 8:37 AM
Wednesday 9:15 AM
Thursday 10:00 AM

I want to start the Y axis at 8:30 AM and ends at 10:30 AM! I know
from to change it, but the values I put is not helping.

For instance, the current data set by excel a
Minimum 0.33
Maximum 0.43
Minor Unit 0.01
Major Unit 0.002

Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Just type in 08:30 for the minimum, and 10:30 for the maximum (and 0:10 or
whatever you want for the major unit). It will take those values, though if
you go back in to Format Axis it will display the values in number format
rather than time.

Excel 2007 may not do it properly, but Excel 2003 and earlier will.
--
David Biddulph