Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Di Di is offline

Default How do I locate a circular formula?

I have a workbook with more than 30 worksheets. Each time I open the
workbook I get the alert, "Microsoft Office Excel cannot calculate a formula.
There is a circular reference in an open workbook, but the references that
cause it cannot be listed for you. Try editing the last formula you entered
or removing it with the Undo command (Edit menu)."

At this point of course the "undo" command is useless and it has been too
long for me to know what the last formula was that I entered.

Also, I have also attempted (numerous times) to use the Excel Help and have
taken note of the "Note" below.

Note The status bar displays the word "Circular," followed by a reference
to one of the cells contained in the circular reference. If the word
"Circular" appears without a cell reference, the active worksheet does not
contain the circular reference.

Is there any other way to pinpoint the circular formula in my workbook?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On the worksheet you can use TOOLSFORMULA AUDITINGTRACE DEPENDANTS

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=96841

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You may want to try Stephen Bullen's utility:
http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm
Look for FindCirc.zip

Di wrote:

[...]

Dave Peterson