Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excell< another dillemmmmaaaa please help!!!

Hi, At the place where I work we have an excell workbook containing a list
of employees and their duties that they are doing that day, and also the bus
number that they are using. What I would like help on, is how do I link the
signing on sheet within this workbook to link with another sheet in another
workbook.. for instance :- once an employee arrives for their duty a letter R

is inputted under the sign on column, once the the letter R is inputted, I
would like it to link to the other sheet within the other workbook, which
will show how many days that specific employee has worked so far that week.
The number of days would need to update automatically on a daily basis once a

letter R is inputted in the signing on sheet in the workbook. This would be
only on a weekly basis.. as new workshhet/workbook is used for each working
week.....Please can anyone help me on this quite large problem....Thank you..
--
Thanks for any help world.... xxxx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dingbat
I think what you're asking here is far too big a project to be handled
successfully in this discussion group. You really need to contact a developer
directly with your specification.
Alternatively you could do a Google search for 'Excel timesheets' there are
some good 'free' ones available that can be modified OR even better why not
learn how to use Excel yourself, there are plenty of books available and I
suspect a local, to you, college or school will run training courses !!

"dingbat" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron@Buy wrote:
Dingbat
I think what you're asking here is far too big a project to be handled
successfully in this discussion group. You really need to contact a developer
directly with your specification.
Alternatively you could do a Google search for 'Excel timesheets' there are
some good 'free' ones available that can be modified OR even better why not
learn how to use Excel yourself, there are plenty of books available and I
suspect a local, to you, college or school will run training courses !!

Hi, At the place where I work we have an excell workbook containing a list
of employees and their duties that they are doing that day, and also the bus

[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
--
Thanks for any help world.... xxxx

Cheers Ron@buy, I know it sounds a big thing, but all I want was to input
the letter R in one worksheet and once I did that a number one appears on the
other sheet in the other workbook...Thank you for you reply.... hope that you
can solve any problems that pop up in the future...Thanks again

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OK - I was really responding to both your posts.
Anyhow in answer to your last post try this:
In the cell where you want the one to appear enter this formula:
=IF(Sheet1!D20="R",1,"")
Replace Sheet1 with the name of your worksheet where you enter the R (note
the ! needs to be included) Change D20 to the cell reference into which you
enter the R.
Now when you enter R a one should appear.
Hope this helps

"dingbat via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Ron@Buy wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron@Buy wrote:
OK - I was really responding to both your posts.
Anyhow in answer to your last post try this:
In the cell where you want the one to appear enter this formula:
=IF(Sheet1!D20="R",1,"")
Replace Sheet1 with the name of your worksheet where you enter the R (note
the ! needs to be included) Change D20 to the cell reference into which you
enter the R.
Now when you enter R a one should appear.
Hope this helps

Dingbat
I think what you're asking here is far too big a project to be handled

[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]
other sheet in the other workbook...Thank you for you reply.... hope that you
can solve any problems that pop up in the future...Thanks again

Thanks again.... Would it be possible once the letter R is inputted into the
cell to change the number on the worksheet to the number 2 and so forth... so
when say on a monday the employee reports for work, the letter R is inputted
and the number on the sheet changes to a No1, so when the same employee
reports for work on the Tuesday, R is inputted as before, but the No1 in the
other sheet, then changes to the No 2... so when Saturday comes around the No
6 should be displayed in the other sheet...Please, is this possible....Thanks
again? or would the original formula you gave me work? Cheers for any help!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron@Buy wrote:
[...]

=COUNTIF('Your Sheet'!A1:G1,"R")

Substitute the appropriate information for 'Your Sheet' and A1:G1.

For more info:

http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions04.html#COUNTIF
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron@Buy wrote:
[...]

The answer to your last question is 'yes' but I need to know the cell
references for each cell (relevant to one driver) where you will enter the R.
I would anticipate the formula looking something like:
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!D20:D26,"=R") This however relies on the R s being entered
in consecutive cells in column D. So the formula may/will change if your
layout is different to this.
I will be away from my computer now till May 18/19. But will come back to
you then if you supply cell references.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ron@Buy wrote:
OK - I was really responding to both your posts.
Anyhow in answer to your last post try this:

[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
6 should be displayed in the other sheet...Please, is this possible....Thanks
again? or would the original formula you gave me work? Cheers for any help!!!!

The answer to your last question is 'yes' but I need to know the cell
references for each cell (relevant to one driver) where you will enter the R.
I would anticipate the formula looking something like:
=COUNTIF(Sheet1!D20:D26,"=R") This however relies on the R s being entered
in consecutive cells in column D. So the formula may/will change if your
layout is different to this.
I will be away from my computer now till May 18/19. But will come back to
you then if you supply cell references.

OK...the workbook to where I am inputting the letter R is actually named 09th
MAY 2009
, within this workbook there are seperate worksheets named Mon, Tues, Wed,
etc... The workbook that the numbers should be appearing is named, Master 7
day working record, and the different worksheets within that workbook are
named Seven Day 1, Seven Day 2 etc....The only big problem is when inputting
the R against a specific drivers name, is making sure that the number changes
against the drivers name in the Master 7 day working record workbook. The
layout of this Master 7 day working record worbook, is such that name of each
column are Wk End 2-May, Wk End 9-May etc.....So you can see It is quite hard
to sort out aaaaHHHH!!!! Once the letter R is inputted the numbers need to
be appearing under the correct week ending column!!! Sorry for being a pain
to everyone.. Thanks Ron@Buy and Glenn for responding to this project I have
got my self into....Any further help is very much appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

dingbat wrote:
OK - I was really responding to both your posts.
Anyhow in answer to your last post try this:

[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]
[...]

I do not know if you can view the pictures of the two workbooks, but I have
published them on this site....Thanks a lot!!!!