marcy

Default CF for over/under mean unit

I need some help writng a CF formula, please.
I am trying to identify measurments that are out of tolerance (either over
or under) as follows:

Cell B16 = 1/2"
Cell C16 = 12 1/8"

I would like cell D16 to change font (or bacground) color if the measurment
entered into cell D16 is GREATER than C16 + B16 OR conversely, LESS than
C16-B16.
Does this require two separate conditions?
I'm stumped...please help!
Thanks in advance...as always!