Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Office 2007

I have a spreadsheet I downloaded. On a select range of cells, when my cursor
is placed within this range, it displays a box with some text. I want to
delete this function. does anyone have an idea?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like a comment attached to one of those cells?
Click on the cell where this comes up, then right click, and select Delete
Comment

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"pjsicon" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet I downloaded. On a select range of cells, when my cursor
is placed within this range, it displays a box with some text. I want to
delete this function. does anyone have an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm guessing the "box with some text" is a Comment. Try this and see if it
solves your problem... select the range you are talking about, right click
the mouse and select "Delete Comment" from the popup menu that appears.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"pjsicon" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet I downloaded. On a select range of cells, when my
cursor
is placed within this range, it displays a box with some text. I want to
delete this function. does anyone have an idea?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If it's not a comment then it's likely to be the input message from a Data
Validation option.

Select the range, do Data / Validation and then clear the entry on the Input
Message tab

Regards