Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel Office 2007

I'm guessing the "box with some text" is a Comment. Try this and see if it
solves your problem... select the range you are talking about, right click
the mouse and select "Delete Comment" from the popup menu that appears.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"pjsicon" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet I downloaded. On a select range of cells, when my
cursor
is placed within this range, it displays a box with some text. I want to
delete this function. does anyone have an idea?