Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP results is duplicating first value

Hello,
I read thru the posts but didn't seem to find my exact issue, so can someone
help me?
I'm using a partnumber in one sheet that is missing the supplier information
and doing a VLOOKUP to match the partnumber and retreive the supplier from
that sheet.
My results has the first supplier in it, but when I drag that down or try to
copy and paste it I get the same exact value for every part number instead of
the one that actually applies.
What am I doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

RaeW wrote:
Hello,
I read thru the posts but didn't seem to find my exact issue, so can someone
help me?
I'm using a partnumber in one sheet that is missing the supplier information
and doing a VLOOKUP to match the partnumber and retreive the supplier from
that sheet.
My results has the first supplier in it, but when I drag that down or try to
copy and paste it I get the same exact value for every part number instead of
the one that actually applies.
What am I doing wrong?

What does your formula look like now? And your data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A couple of things to check:

Make sure the lookup reference is a relative reference:

=VLOOKUP(A1,$J$1:$K$100,2,0)

Make sure calculation is set to automatic:

ToolsOptionsCalculation tabAutomaticOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP