Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel 2007-SUMMING from different worksheet conditional to the dat

I have a workbook with 12 worksheets titled the 12 months of the year and a
worksheet creating a report titled "D&O" (District & Office Report). I need
to values (dollars) from the respective month of the D&O report which has all
the respective days of the month. I don't know how to create the formula in
the D&O to pull this information from the respective month and date of the
year (from the monthly worksheets). Can somebody show me how? THANKS!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On May 7, 3:11*pm, kareokekidbr
wrote:
I have a workbook with 12 worksheets titled the 12 months of the year and a
worksheet creating a report titled "D&O" (District & Office Report). I need
to values (dollars) from the respective month of the D&O report which has all
the respective days of the month. I don't know how to create the formula in
the D&O to pull this information from the respective month and date of the
year (from the monthly worksheets). Can somebody show me how? THANKS!

Assuming the information for the data to be summed is in the same cell
on each sheet, a "3-D" formula such as...

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet12!A2)

....will work. This would give you the total for the cell A2 in all 12
sheets.

I'm assuming there's more info you'll need so feel free to post back.