Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
leo leo is offline

Default got #REF! with fomula PRICE()

I keep getting a #REF! error with the PRICE() fomula in my spreadsheet, even
I copy and paste the expamle in the excel help.
but if I paste the expamle in another blank XL workbook, the formula works
fine, and gives the correct result.
I evaluate the fomula step by step, it PRICE(....) changed to REF(....) at
the first step. So it seems the spreadsheet do not recognize the fomula.
Anyone can help it pls, many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
leo leo is offline

thank JK,
maybe i did not make it clear. it's quite wierd actuall...
to be honest i got the toolpack installed.

actually i exam the fumula in a new workbook in the exact same excel
window...the Price() fumula works, but in my spreadsheet it doesn't, and keep
giving back the #REF! result.

that's all of the syndrom...anyone can kindly help to figure out what could
be the possible causes to the error.

many thanks
leo