Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Find and copy for inventory

I have an inventory worksheet with A-E being descriptive values of an item, F
being a column of what is in stock, G a column of how many items we need in
total, and H being the number we need to order (simple subtraction function).
I would like to take all the items in the spreadsheet that come out as
values 0 in column H (need to order) and copy the row with only columns A-E
and H to another worksheet in the workbook. Is this possible? And how would
I go about it (I am basically Excel illiterate so a simple explanation would
be helpful)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JCS JCS is offline

Hi,

The best way to do this, is by performing an Auto Filter on your data
(following uses XL 2003):
1. Make sure your cell pointer is in any part of your inventory db
2. Select Data from the menu bar
3. Select Filter then AutoFilter
4. This will display arrows next to your filed names.
5. In the field name in your H column press the arrow button
6. Select the Custom option
7. In the first text box press the arrow key and select "is greater than"
8. In the text box next to the above type 0
9. Press the OK button.

Doing this will display all of the rows that are greater than 0 in the "need
to order" column. You now can copy what you need to another spreadsheet.
Automating this process would require a macro. To see all of the data,
select Data, then Filter and deselect AutoFilter.

If this helped please press Yes

John