Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
djc djc is offline

Default Using Indirect for conditional Formating

I have 2 worksheet 1st destination(IR) 2nd source (Amt)
I would like to have (IR sheet column highlighted if source (AMT) contains
number.
I have used
indirect("'ir'!F)&ROW(F3))0 and this command works if data is contained
in rows.
How can i incorporate in column instead of rows?
I have Tried
indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))0
and i have failed to trigger CF.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

djc wrote:
I have 2 worksheet 1st destination(IR) 2nd source (Amt)
I would like to have (IR sheet column highlighted if source (AMT) contains
number.
I have used
indirect("'ir'!F)&ROW(F3))0 and this command works if data is contained
in rows.
How can i incorporate in column instead of rows?
I have Tried
indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))0
and i have failed to trigger CF.
Can anyone help?

Use the "R1C1" option of INDIRECT(). Something like this:

=INDIRECT("'ir'!R3C"&COLUMN(F3),FALSE)0
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use
=indirect("string",FALSE)0

where string is the ref in R1C1 style built using a formula like you are
trying to do.

FALSE argument expects the reference in R1C1 style which is easier to build.
eg. to refer to IR!A3
string would be
IR!R3C1

"djc" wrote:

I have 2 worksheet 1st destination(IR) 2nd source (Amt)
I would like to have (IR sheet column highlighted if source (AMT) contains
number.
I have used
indirect("'ir'!F)&ROW(F3))0 and this command works if data is contained
in rows.
How can i incorporate in column instead of rows?
I have Tried
indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))0
and i have failed to trigger CF.
Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

indirect("'ir'!3<-(starting row)&Column(F3))

What does that mean in A1 reference style?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP