Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Vlookup Question

I have two wooksheets. The first is the original sheet that has part numbers
with pricing. This needs to be loaded into my database. Once done I need to
generate a new list from the database and check it back to the original to
make sure the pricing is coming in correctly. If pricing is not matching I
need to have that marked somehow.

So if I have original
RUL 24 4.99
RUL 25D 14.99
RUL 26D 18.54

and New worksheet has
RUL 24 9.99
RUL 25D 14.99
RUL 26D 18.54

It will tell me that RUL24 pricing is different. At the same time I need to
know if any numbers from the original worksheet is missing from the new
worksheet.
So it's like two formulas in one.

Thank you
--
gueyo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If original sheet is named 'Sheet1' then put this in C1 of the new sheet
=IF(VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!A:B,2,False)=B1,"",VLOOKUP(A 1,Sheet1!A:B,2,False))

It will return
a blank if values match
original price if values don't match
and #N/A if value is not found

"gueyo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sheeloo;
This kind of worked but if I have a part number in the original spread
sheet, when I enter this formula it does not pick it up. So I would have to
run a Vlookup in reverse. From the original spreadsheet back to the new to
check for the part numbers.

RUL 24 4.99
RUL 25D 14.99
RUL 26D 18.54
RUL 2685 10.00
RUL 35A 19.19
RUL 35FA 21.11

So if the new spreadsheet has all these numbers except RUL2685 it does not
show this info. Should I combine the info on one spreadsheet for this to work?

--
gueyo

"gueyo" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sheeloo,
at first glance I did not understand what I was looking at. I went back and
studied the results when I ran your formula and eureka it works. Thank you so
much.
--
gueyo