Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting Cells and then deleting the reference column

How can I format Column A to change colors if the corresponding line in
Column B equals "Aud". I then need to delete the reference Column B and have
the colors in Column A remain after I delete column B. Thanks Donna
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Filter Col B on Aud
Select Col A
Press F5, click SPECIAL
Select VISIBLE CELLS only
Color the cells

"Donna" wrote:

How can I format Column A to change colors if the corresponding line in
Column B equals "Aud". I then need to delete the reference Column B and have
the colors in Column A remain after I delete column B. Thanks Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There are several other columns in the spreadsheet, but I want to keep all
the information in Column A and only turn those balances red if col b equals
AUD. I need to delete Column B and when I do that the items in Col A that
were previously turned red the color disappears when I delete Column B.

Col A Column B
InvoiceBalance. Aud
$1,280.00 instal
$3,251.55 instal
$200,000.00 Aud

"Donna" wrote:

How can I format Column A to change colors if the corresponding line in
Column B equals "Aud". I then need to delete the reference Column B and have
the colors in Column A remain after I delete column B. Thanks Donna

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I got that part... Since color is based on values in COL B, it will go away
when you delete Col B...

You can not refer to something which is not there.

That is why I had suggested an alternative.