KatyLady

Default Deleting blank cells in a column

Hi,

I have a column that has about 1000 empty cells, every cell that is
blank I would like to delete. How can I do this without going to each
individual row? Thanks!

KL

--
KatyLady
KatyLady's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23841

Kieran

KatyLady,

Use the autofilter function (Data, filter, autofilter) after putting
youa active cell somewhere in you list.
You should see some 'little arrows' appear int eh column headings.
Click on the arrow in the column of interest, scroll down the list then
displayed and choose {blanks}.

That sould then show you only those rows wher ethe column is blank.
Sleect the entire rows using the 1,2,3,4,... grid reference on the left
of the sheet, right click on the grid left heading, and select delete.

Then click on the arrow in the column of interest, scroll down the list
then displayed and choose {all}.

That should have deleted the rows...

--
Kieran

Born ignorant and still perfecting the art
Kieran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1247
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374987

gonowhere

Another thing you could try is to select the column and sort it
("Data""Sort") and depending on how you sort it your blank cells will
either be at the bottom or top of the sheet.

--
gonowhere
gonowhere's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23849

Ragdyer

Select the column, then
<F5,
Click <Special
Click <Blanks
Right click in selection,
And choose what you wish to delete, cells or entire rows.
--
HTH,

RD

"KatyLady" wrote in
message ...

Kieran Wrote:
KatyLady,

Use the autofilter function (Data, filter, autofilter) after putting
youa active cell somewhere in you list.
You should see some 'little arrows' appear int eh column headings.
Click on the arrow in the column of interest, scroll down the list then
displayed and choose {blanks}.

That sould then show you only those rows wher ethe column is blank.
Sleect the entire rows using the 1,2,3,4,... grid reference on the left
of the sheet, right click on the grid left heading, and select delete.

Then click on the arrow in the column of interest, scroll down the list
then displayed and choose {all}.

That should have deleted the rows...

--
KatyLady
KatyLady's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=374987

bj

This is a very useful tool, but I have deleted rows I didn't mean to before.
Always chaeck to make sure that just cause one cell is blank, tyhat you want
to delete anything else in that row.