Miss Spaghetti

Default Choices made available dependent on another selection?

Hi and thanks for reading... please help!

I am making a template for order form. Cell B3 holds customer name. with
VLOOKUP cells B4, and B5 fill in with address and city/state. This fills in
the 'Sold To' part nicely.
It gets messy for the 'Ship To' side (H3, H4, H5) ... most customers just
need the word 'same' on H3; but about 6 customers have multiple choices for
'Ship To' information. (several 'ship to' locations) name of location in
H3, address in H4, and city/state in H5.

How can I automate this choice in one place to fill in 3 lines?

If one of these 6 customers is listed in B3, can the 'ship to' choices
change accordingly?

All help is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Miss S.
Debra Dalgleish

You can do this with dependent data validation lists, and VLookup
formulas. There are instructions here for dependent data validation:

There's a sample order form with shipping locations he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Dependent ShipTo Location'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List