Chris Huisken

Default bar graphs

In a bar graph, when selecting source data and the series and choosing the
values for the graph, I have a group of numbers in connecting cells and then
one number that is not in a connecting cell. How can I get these selections
in the "values selection area" of the source data--series part of the graph
construction?
bj

I am not sure on other versions but in 2000 with windows XP
say your data was in a1,a2,a3 and b5
select a1:a3
<insert<graph
in the chart wizard
selet bar then in step 2 select series and in the values section add a ","
and the cell you want to be in this series.

"Chris Huisken" wrote:

In a bar graph, when selecting source data and the series and choosing the
values for the graph, I have a group of numbers in connecting cells and then
one number that is not in a connecting cell. How can I get these selections
in the "values selection area" of the source data--series part of the graph
construction?

bj

I apologise I meant to say 2002
my values list ends up looking like
=(Sheet1!$A$1:$A$3,Sheet1!$B$5)

"Chris Huisken" wrote:

In a bar graph, when selecting source data and the series and choosing the
values for the graph, I have a group of numbers in connecting cells and then
one number that is not in a connecting cell. How can I get these selections
in the "values selection area" of the source data--series part of the graph
construction?

Chris Huisken

I tried that and a message box comes up that says " Your formula contains an
invalid external reference to a worksheet. Verify that the path, workbook,
and range name or cell reference are correct, and try again."