Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Count Num of unique items in col? by 3 criteria

Ok. Thanks. Now, how do I count the number of unique items by 3 other
criteria
ie
number of cats
by location (column e)
by salesperson (column k)
by date (column c)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Dave

Assuming you have your data in Col A, B, C please try the below formula..

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100&B1:B100&C1:C100<"")/COUNTIF(A1:C100,A1:C100&""))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"CindyC" wrote:

Ok. Thanks. Now, how do I count the number of unique items by 3 other
criteria
ie
number of cats
by location (column e)
by salesperson (column k)
by date (column c)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can you post a small example and let us know what result you expect?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"CindyC" wrote in message
Ok. Thanks. Now, how do I count the number of unique items by 3 other
criteria
ie
number of cats
by location (column e)
by salesperson (column k)
by date (column c)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sheeloo

In the previous post Biff has explained in detail how it works with one
column. Please check and post back for any queries...

Thanks Biff..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria