Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Count Num of unique items in col? by 3 criteria

Sheeloo

In the previous post Biff has explained in detail how it works with one
column. Please check and post back for any queries...

Thanks Biff..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Can you pl. explain how this works?
(I have also asked Gary's Student the same question in the previous post)

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Dear Dave

Assuming you have your data in Col A, B, C please try the below formula..

=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100&B1:B100&C1:C100<"")/COUNTIF(A1:C100,A1:C100&""))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"CindyC" wrote:

Ok. Thanks. Now, how do I count the number of unique items by 3 other
criteria
ie
number of cats
by location (column e)