Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Automatically add and subtract

Hello all,

I had such great success with my last question that I am going to attempt
one last question which will save me plenty of headaches if answered.

I have designed a monthly tracking program that each employee enters the
number of work they complete in a month. We will call this an €˜activity
report.

In the activity report, there is a monthly roll-up sheet that totals all the
work completed in that month (31 days) using numbers.

I have created a €˜base program that lists all employees at the top with the
same headings used in the monthly roll-up.

To eliminate the need for key punching the employees numbers attained each
month, I have placed links from the base program under each employees name
along side the headings.

The base program is in a folder.

Each month, the employees complete the number of each work type and punch
that number in the appropriate cell along side each heading. The monthly
roll-up page automatically totals the work for the month using sum formulas.

The employee sends this electronic activity report to their respective
supervisors and said reports are dragged into the folder containing the base
program.

When the base program is opened, the links ask me to update the totals which
it does.

Question: Is there a formula that will do the following;

o If the number in a cell in the €˜activity report is 0 (zero) , leave it as 0

o If the €˜activity report cell has a number greater than 0, add it to the
base in that cell

o If the €˜activity report cell has a number less than the number in the
base, subtract it from the number currently in the base.

Thank you.

-Bad

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

from what you have described, generally, the IF function will do what you want.
to get the desire result you are after, a sample and expected result
is necessary.

--
Hope this is helpful

Pls click the Yes button below if this post provide answer you have asked

Thank You

cheers, francis

Am not a greek but an ordinary user trying to assist another

"BadBoy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Example:

Book 1
Monthly Totals page
Cell A1 has the number 5 typed in it.

Book 2
Yearly Totals page
Cell A1 has a 0 in it
=SUM('[Book1.xls]Monthly Totals'!$A$1)

In the above formula, book 2 will automatically add 5 to 0

I wish to have the above formula add what ever number is in cell A1 of book
1 to Cell A1 of book 2 and as well, if the number in book 1 is less than that
of book 2, subtract it or if equal, leave it as it is.

"BadBoy" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Example:

Book 1
Monthly Totals page
Cell A1 has the number 5 typed in it.

Book 2
Yearly Totals page
Cell A1 has a 0 in it
=SUM('[Book1.xls]Monthly Totals'!$A$1)

In the above formula, book 2 will automatically add 5 to 0

I wish to have the above formula add what ever number is in cell A1 of book
1 to Cell A1 of book 2 and as well, if the number in book 1 is less than that
of book 2, subtract it or if equal, leave it as it is.

PS. Can a moderator delete the other post by the same name please.