Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional list

I am trying to create a dependent list for a drop down menu. My table is set
up as follows:

A B
Mammal Cat
Mammal Dog
Insect Cockroach
Plant Tree
Plant Flower
Insect Cricket

I need to create a drop down that would only have the options in it if the
number in column A is either Mammal or Plant. So basically, I need to create
a drop down in a certain cell that would only have Cat, Dog, Tree and Flower
in it. Any help would be appreciated.