-   -   conditional list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/228425-conditional-list.html)

sailingHLA

conditional list

I am trying to create a dependent list for a drop down menu. My table is set
up as follows:

A B
Mammal Cat
Mammal Dog
Insect Cockroach
Plant Tree
Plant Flower
Insect Cricket

I need to create a drop down that would only have the options in it if the
number in column A is either Mammal or Plant. So basically, I need to create
a drop down in a certain cell that would only have Cat, Dog, Tree and Flower
in it. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Peterson

conditional list

Debra Dalgleish shows how to use dependent lists with data|validation he
http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

--

Dave Peterson