Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DCOUNT Help

I am using the output from a combobox as a variable in a database formula
(DCOUNT). The variable is a name. My problem occurs when one name is used
that is also part of another name in the database. Example: Luc will return
counts not just for Luc but also Lucinda.

How can I get DCOUNT to return just Luc counts?

Additional: There are actually several combo boxes all supplying variables
to the DCOUNT criteria; there are at least two variables, name and rating,
and can be more, such as location, start date, end date, etc.

A two variable example could be to return a count of the number of 5's in
one column for the name Luc that is in another column.

DCOUNT(Reference!$L$1:$AK$10000,Reference!AA$1,Ref erence!$A$10022:$K$10023)
Here L1:AK10000 is the database, AA1 is the column of rating numbers, and
A10022:K10023 lists the column headers and contains the criteria.

Thank you very much!

(I did not find an answer in the help file or forum search but I am no
expert.) : )

Rob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you very much bapeltzer! That works. : )

....now I just need to work converting the name into the name with '= in
front of it, but it is now doable!

Rob

"bapeltzer" wrote:

Try '=Luc