Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using Indirect with an Index Match Function

I have a number of worksheets January - December which I wiish to
retrieve data from onto my Data worksheet using the INDEX MATCH
function. How do I include the INDIRECT function which will enable me to
enter the Month I require into a cell on my Data worksheet to return the
relavent information.

=INDEX($B$2:$R$47,MATCH($D,$A$2:$A$47,0),MATCH(1,I F($B$2:$R$2=$D$6,IF($B$4:$R$4=$A$3,1)),0))

Thanks

Mike
Mike's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=236
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=86730

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1 = SheetNAme
A2 = value

=INDIRECT(A1&"!" & "A2")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike" wrote:

I have a number of worksheets January - December which I wiish to
retrieve data from onto my Data worksheet using the INDEX MATCH
function. How do I include the INDIRECT function which will enable me to
enter the Month I require into a cell on my Data worksheet to return the
relavent information.

=INDEX($B$2:$R$47,MATCH($D,$A$2:$A$47,0),MATCH(1,I F($B$2:$R$2=$D$6,IF($B$4:$R$4=$A$3,1)),0))

Thanks

Mike
Mike's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=236
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=86730

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

do you mean sth. like:

=INDIRECT(A1&"!$A$2:$A$47")

with A1=January
(or any other month)
adjust ranges to suit

aren't you lacking a cell address in yr 1st MATCH

"MATCH($D,"

?

On 16 Kwi, 10:25, Mike wrote:
I have a number of worksheets *January - December which I wiish to
retrieve data from onto my Data worksheet using the INDEX MATCH
function. How do I include the INDIRECT function which will enable me to
enter the Month I require into a cell on my Data worksheet to return the
relavent information.

=INDEX($B$2:$R$47,MATCH($D,$A$2:$A$47,0),MATCH(1,I F($B$2:$R$2=$D$6,IF($B$4:*$R$4=$A$3,1)),0))

Thanks

Mike
Mike's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=236
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=86730

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the help very much appreciated'

Mike.

working fine nowJacob Skaria;310257 Wrote:
A1 = SheetNAme
A2 = value

=INDIRECT(A1&"!" & "A2")

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Mike" wrote:

I have a number of worksheets January - December which I wiish to
retrieve data from onto my Data worksheet using the INDEX MATCH
function. How do I include the INDIRECT function which will enable me

enter the Month I require into a cell on my Data worksheet to return

the
relavent information.

=INDEX($B$2:$R$47,MATCH($D,$A$2:$A$47,0),MATCH(1,I F($B$2:$R$2=$D$6,IF($B$4:$R$4=$A$3,1)),0))

Thanks

Mike

Mike's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Mike'

(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=236)
View this thread: 'Using Indirect with an Index Match Function - The

Code Cage Forums'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=86730)