Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index,Indirect, and Match

Is there a good source to really learn how to use this commands in formulas.
I see and have also been helped by you folks with using these commands, but I
can not seem to get a grasp on the right way to use them when I am trying to
put a formula together.

Great job folks in explaning things in this discussion group.

Steve Martin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

One good start is to try Debra's nice coverage on INDEX/MATCH at her:

INDEX/MATCH

There's also some sample workbooks available for d/l & study
--
Max
Singapore
"caldog" wrote:
Is there a good source to really learn how to use this commands in formulas.
I see and have also been helped by you folks with using these commands, but I
can not seem to get a grasp on the right way to use them when I am trying to
put a formula together.

Great job folks in explaning things in this discussion group.

Steve Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra Dalgleish has notes for =index(match()):

I'm not sure I've ever seen any instructions that describe the use of
=indirect()--well, except for Excel's help!

caldog wrote:

Is there a good source to really learn how to use this commands in formulas.
I see and have also been helped by you folks with using these commands, but I
can not seem to get a grasp on the right way to use them when I am trying to
put a formula together.

Great job folks in explaning things in this discussion group.

Steve Martin

--

Dave Peterson