-   -   Index,Indirect, and Match (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/118381-index-indirect-match.html)

caldog

Index,Indirect, and Match

Is there a good source to really learn how to use this commands in formulas.
I see and have also been helped by you folks with using these commands, but I
can not seem to get a grasp on the right way to use them when I am trying to
put a formula together.

Great job folks in explaning things in this discussion group.

Steve Martin

Max

Index,Indirect, and Match

One good start is to try Debra's nice coverage on INDEX/MATCH at her:

INDEX/MATCH

There's also some sample workbooks available for d/l & study
--
Max
Singapore
"caldog" wrote:
Is there a good source to really learn how to use this commands in formulas.
I see and have also been helped by you folks with using these commands, but I
can not seem to get a grasp on the right way to use them when I am trying to
put a formula together.

Great job folks in explaning things in this discussion group.

Steve Martin

Dave Peterson

Index,Indirect, and Match

Debra Dalgleish has notes for =index(match()):

I'm not sure I've ever seen any instructions that describe the use of
=indirect()--well, except for Excel's help!

caldog wrote:

Is there a good source to really learn how to use this commands in formulas.
I see and have also been helped by you folks with using these commands, but I
can not seem to get a grasp on the right way to use them when I am trying to
put a formula together.

Great job folks in explaning things in this discussion group.

Steve Martin

--

Dave Peterson

caldog

Index,Indirect, and Match

To me using Excel Helps is not much of a help. And thanks for link, have
printed it out and am going to start reading it right now.

Steve