Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to equal a cell in another worksheet incl fill colour

I have four active worksheets (one for each Quarter) and one Annual worksheet
which displays all the information of the Quarterly sheets.

The annual worksheet cells equal the same cell on the quarterly sheet. It
replicates the value but I need it to also replicate the fill colour of the
cell (as the shading is used to reflect the stage at which the booking is
at).

As the quarter worksheets are active, the values and fill colours regularly
change and it needs to be reflected in the annual. This also means a copy and
paste special is not possible.

If anyone knows how to equal the value and formatting of a cell, please let
me know! Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How do the cells on the quarterly sheets become colored... via conditional
formatting or manually set? If via conditional formatting, then you should
be able to conditionally format the cells on the Annual sheet. If set
manually, then you will need VB code to duplicate the colors in the Annual
sheet (but you will need to give us more information about how things are
set up before we can suggest VB code for you to try).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"InNeedOfAssistance" wrote in
message ...
I have four active worksheets (one for each Quarter) and one Annual
worksheet
which displays all the information of the Quarterly sheets.

The annual worksheet cells equal the same cell on the quarterly sheet. It
replicates the value but I need it to also replicate the fill colour of
the
cell (as the shading is used to reflect the stage at which the booking is
at).

As the quarter worksheets are active, the values and fill colours
regularly
change and it needs to be reflected in the annual. This also means a copy
and
paste special is not possible.

If anyone knows how to equal the value and formatting of a cell, please
let
me know! Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Rick

The fill colours are manually set. For example if a booking is in planning
stage it will be yellow, booked is dark blue, invoiced is purple.

The cell has a value which is also manual entered to correspond to the
number of bookings.

Cheers

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you are doing the colors manually, then you will need some VB code to
handle copying the color; but in order to give you code, we would need a lot
more information about how your sheets are set up. Just out of curiosity,
how many different colors do you have and what are the conditions that you
use to decide on the color. Oh, and what version of Excel is your worksheet
used on? I'm thinking that maybe you can use Conditional Formatting to
automatically color your Quarterly and Annual Sheets.