Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bud Bud is offline

Default How does one use a formula to bring over the formatting as well

Hello

I am using the following formula in hopes of copying the data over including
the format into another worksheet called Early.

In the worksheet called Early I have placed the following formula in A5.
=Schedule!A5

A5 in the Schedule worksheet has this fields format as Custom mm/dd/yyy.

The data in the Early worksheet is a number and the format is just GENERAL.

How does one use a formula to bring over the formatting as well?

I have this in other cells as well in the worksheet Early where I am
expecting the formatting and the color to be copied over but it isn't doing
that.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Using = will only return the value of the cell, it won't transfer the
formatting although it should return a date as a date, not General. Is it
just an entered date or the result of a formula?
Colours, borders, text fonts etc cannot be transferred by using =Schedule!A5
to use your example, you would need VB code to do that which would probably
more trouble than it's worth.
Regards,
Alan.