Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jpw jpw is offline

Default how do I use a cell from one worksheet in the equation of another

I am working on a workbook that has three worksheets. I want to use a cell
value from the first worksheet in the formula of a cell in the third
worksheet. I tried the way that I would normally do it within the same
worksheet and it didn't work. I want to use the Paste link function so that
the value of the cell from worksheet 1 will update in the formula in
worksheet 3 if it changes. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi.

In the formula, just link to the cell of the first wotrksheet by clicking on
that ell

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"jpw" wrote in message
I am working on a workbook that has three worksheets. I want to use a
cell
value from the first worksheet in the formula of a cell in the third
worksheet. I tried the way that I would normally do it within the same
worksheet and it didn't work. I want to use the Paste link function so
that
the value of the cell from worksheet 1 will update in the formula in
worksheet 3 if it changes. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You use a formula something like this:
=sheet2!a2*sheet3!a2

If you need more help, post back with details.

Regards,
Fred.

"jpw" wrote in message
I am working on a workbook that has three worksheets. I want to use a cell
value from the first worksheet in the formula of a cell in the third
worksheet. I tried the way that I would normally do it within the same
worksheet and it didn't work. I want to use the Paste link function so
that
the value of the cell from worksheet 1 will update in the formula in
worksheet 3 if it changes. Can anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I also have a similar problem to this and I am a complete Excel novice.

My Excel 2007 version workbook currently contains 18 worksheets, 1 of which
is a Master Sheet, that contain mainly Date based staff Certification info
(eg: 25/02/2009,16/01/2009, 18/02/2008) and I am wanting copy the
Certification dates pertaining to each individual person's tasks that they
are certified for from the other 17 worksheets into the corresponding columns
& cells in the Master sheet and be auto updating as the data changes in the
other worksheets.
Unfortunately the 17 worksheets need to be kept as individual sheets.

To complicate things further, I need to maintain compatibility with Excel
2000 SP1, Excel 2003 as well as Excel 2007 versions as we have a mixture of
all 3 versions on the network.

Hopefully somebody can help me here?

--

mclwlg