ren6175

Default How do I use a function to return the address of a cell?

I have a list of results from the 100m dash in one column with the racers
corresponding times. The position these players finish will change with each
meet
as will some of the competitors. I want excel to pull out and list only the
players
from my team and place them in a separate column. Which funtions would I use
to accomplish this and what would be the syntax. I used offset to determine
the first person in the list, but I want excel to start with that cell on
the next
pass through and return the second racer. I thought if I could have Excel
determine the cell address of the first player then I could tell it to start
after that cell on the next pass. Thanks
Peo Sjoblom

What is the criteria for your team?
Use that and use the advanced filter and copy to another location

http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html

Peo Sjoblom

"ren6175" wrote in message
[...]

ren6175

Ok, thanks. I see how to do it. The criterion for the filter could be the
team name in coloumn 2. Then autofilter will send the data to my specified
location. I will try it. Thanks.

"ren6175" wrote in message
[...]

ren6175

Ok, I see how to use the advanced filter. I would now like to know if there
is a way to set up advanced filters on different sets of data within the same
worksheet. For example, in my case I would need a separate filter for each
event (i.e. 100m, high jump, long jump, etc.)

Or is there a way to do what I just did using functions?

BTW your info was very helpful, thanks

Peo Sjoblom

Here's an example of a technique that can be used using functions although I
personally would use filters

http://tinyurl.com/cjs32

Peo Sjoblom

"ren6175" wrote in message
Ok, I see how to use the advanced filter. I would now like to know if
there
is a way to set up advanced filters on different sets of data within the
same
worksheet. For example, in my case I would need a separate filter for each
event (i.e. 100m, high jump, long jump, etc.)

Or is there a way to do what I just did using functions?

BTW your info was very helpful, thanks

ren6175

I would much rather use filters also; however, I have about 15 events that need
to be individually filtered. Would I have to manually select the ranges each
time
I wanted to filter the data? It would be ideal is I could establish a filter
for each
set of data (i.e. each event). It seems though that the advanced filter has a
memory of only one set of data.

"ren6175" wrote in message
Ok, I see how to use the advanced filter. I would now like to know if
there
is a way to set up advanced filters on different sets of data within the
same
worksheet. For example, in my case I would need a separate filter for each
event (i.e. 100m, high jump, long jump, etc.)

Or is there a way to do what I just did using functions?

BTW your info was very helpful, thanks

ren6175

Actually, something you wrote in that response to the other gentleman helped
me. You wrote about using advancedfilter and macros. Well, I looked up how to
do macros and created a macro that filtered each data set individually.
Thanks.

Dave