Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Excel If statement copy only if ISNumber result is yes

I have two sheets in one excel document. I need to pull a parts description
from sheet 2 to sheet 1 only if sheet 2's part description has a numeric
value for that part in a different cell on the same row. I am using the
=If(IsNumber.. formula and it works in pasting the values.

What I need is to know if the IsNumber is false, how do I move to the next
line to check for a true value? In other words, I don't want to populate
sheet 1 with a value unless it is a true statement. I want to consolidate my
parts list onto sheet 1 by referencing the numeric value for that part on
sheet 2.

Here is the formula I have with the ? denoting the area I don't know. Seems
I need a statement that will force the formula to try the next line but still
paste into the original sheet1 cell until a value is returned true and then
move to the next line.
=IF(ISNUMBER('Sheet2'!G4:G46), 'Sheet2'!C4:C46, ?)

Help?

-Austin

Configuration: Microsoft Excel 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(ISNUMBER('Sheet2'!G4:G46), 'Sheet2'!C4:C46, ?)

It sounds like this is what you want...

rng1 refers to Sheet2!G4:G46
rng2 refers to Sheet2!C4:C46

Lets assume you want the results listed starting in cell A1.

Array entered** in cell A1:

=IF(ROWS(A$1:A1)<=COUNT(rng1),INDEX(rng2,SMALL(IF( ISNUMBER(rng1),ROW(rng2)),ROWS(A$1:A1))-MIN(ROW(rng2))+1),"")

key then hit ENTER.

Copy down until you get blanks.

--
Biff