Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Choosing Names From a List

I am working on a schedule. Our schedule changes often and I am trying to
simplify things.
I have the schedule with Location A & B, Monday thru Sunday, AM and PM
Shifts (total of 28 cells).
I would like to click in a cell, have a pop up box (or something) show up
and be able to choose names from a list of names and have their employee ID
show in the selected cell. Usually there will be upto 7 names on a shift in
one location at one time. I would like it to be displayed like "1234, 5678,
9012, 3456"
I am using Excel 2003 and or 2007.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Consider using a Data Validation List to pick the name and, in another cell a
VLOOKUP() formula to fetch their ID. For Data Validaitons, see:

and for VLOOKUP, see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu200845