Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding Columns with Multipliers

I have a very large spreadsheet with columns going to DE. I would like to
create a sum formula on say column DF which would take the number enetered on
say call A4 and multiply it against cell A1

It would look like this
a b c ................. DF
1 2.5 5.0 9 (Multiplier Row)
2 4 8 2 (Data Row)
=SUM(a2*a1)+(b2*b1)+(c2*c1)..(de2*de1)
3 2 4 9
=SUM(a3*a1)+(b3*b1)+(c3*c1)..(de3*de1)
Since I have soo many colmns, is there an easier way of doing this aside
from picking each cell and typing in the functions. And oh yeah, I'm using
Excel 2000 : (

Any help would be apppreciated, I can't change the sheets, they're used by
other departments, or I would have this set up differently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the SUMPRODUCT function. Like this:

=SUMPRODUCT($A$1:$DE$1,A2:DE2)

Copy down as needed.

HTH
Elkar

"Jacky D." wrote:

I have a very large spreadsheet with columns going to DE. I would like to
create a sum formula on say column DF which would take the number enetered on
say call A4 and multiply it against cell A1

It would look like this
a b c ................. DF
1 2.5 5.0 9 (Multiplier Row)
2 4 8 2 (Data Row)
=SUM(a2*a1)+(b2*b1)+(c2*c1)..(de2*de1)
3 2 4 9
=SUM(a3*a1)+(b3*b1)+(c3*c1)..(de3*de1)
Since I have soo many colmns, is there an easier way of doing this aside
from picking each cell and typing in the functions. And oh yeah, I'm using
Excel 2000 : (

Any help would be apppreciated, I can't change the sheets, they're used by
other departments, or I would have this set up differently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(A$1:DE$1,A2:DE2)

Copy down as needed

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacky D." <Jacky wrote in message
I have a very large spreadsheet with columns going to DE. I would like to
create a sum formula on say column DF which would take the number enetered
on
say call A4 and multiply it against cell A1

It would look like this
a b c ................. DF
1 2.5 5.0 9 (Multiplier Row)
2 4 8 2 (Data Row)
=SUM(a2*a1)+(b2*b1)+(c2*c1)..(de2*de1)
3 2 4 9
=SUM(a3*a1)+(b3*b1)+(c3*c1)..(de3*de1)
Since I have soo many colmns, is there an easier way of doing this aside
from picking each cell and typing in the functions. And oh yeah, I'm using
Excel 2000 : (

Any help would be apppreciated, I can't change the sheets, they're used by
other departments, or I would have this set up differently.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you both so much for the help, I knew there had to be ab easier way to
do this!

You've made tomorrow a much easier day for me, Thanks again : )

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(A$1:DE$1,A2:DE2)

Copy down as needed

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jacky D." wrote in message
Thank you both so much for the help, I knew there had to be ab easier way
do this!

You've made tomorrow a much easier day for me, Thanks again : )

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(A$1:DE$1,A2:DE2)

Copy down as needed